What you will need:
2 - medium zucchini
2 tblsp olive oil
Black pepper (Optional, to taste)
Salt (optional, to taste)
Pasta Sauce (Optional)
1. With a good potato peeler create long "noodles" by starting at the top of the zucchini and peeling wide ribbons down the length of the zucchini.
2. Continue making ribbons as you turn the zucchini as you get all the green part off first (I included the green part), you may consider getting organic zucchini for this.
3. When the center portion becomes too thin, set it aside to use in a salad and start a new zucchini.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium high.
5. Add the olive oil and zucchini "noodles".
6. Saute the "noodles" for 2-3 minutes.
7. Season with freshly grated black pepper and salt if desired, to taste.
8. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce and meatballs (optional)
This recipe states that it makes about 4 servings, each serving is 80 calories, NOT including the pasta sauce or meatballs. Pasta sauce is not high in calories, so you are looking at about 150 calories for a serving. YUM!
I was pleasantly surprised at the taste and texture. The texture is actually like a "noodle". I am going to make it again and serve it to DB and then update you. She is starting to get picky with what she eats in her toddler years...so if this does pass her test it is a way to get kids to eat more green veggies!!!
Thanks for reading!!